What does PNS Substrate Sauce™ do?
The natural reef foundation:
As these bacteria grow, they become an excellent, natural live food source for corals. Stony and soft corals alike have been shown to directly consume PNSB, which are rich in protein, vitamins and color-enhancing carotenoids. Even more, they act as powerful probiotics! PNS Substrate Sauce™ is specially made for saltwater aquaria. And, it is completely safe, non-toxic and non-pathogenic. PNSB may vary in color from yellow to red to purple depending upon pigment content, which is determined by environmental and dietary factors; product color may vary from peachy-purple to orange-red. Pink to lavender bioflocculants (which may form in the bottle) do not affect product quality. Need a side of pods and phyto with the combo after you start stocking? Then check out the Ultimate Ecopack which contains pods, phyto and PNS YelloSno™ along with PNS ProBio™, a formulation of PNSB specifically adapted for use in mature systems! The benefits of PNS Substrate Sauce™ are numerous:
- It has an extensive shelf life.
- It is easy to measure and dose.
- It promotes rapid nitrogen cycling.
- It reduces the need for water changes and prolongs the life of chemical filtrants.
- It removes harmful ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
- It is a highly nutritious food for many aquarium filter-feeders and detritivores.
- Its probiotic properties can reduce the incidence of disease in diverse aquarium species.
- Contains two ecologically important PNSB species: Rhodopseudomonas palustris and Rhodospirillum rubrum.
Directions and Usage for PNS Substrate Sauce™:
Shake the bottle to gently but thoroughly mix contents. Pour directly into the aquarium in an area of high flow. Alternatively, soak into new substrate, live rock or porous biofilter media (pre-rinse dry materials with saltwater). Do not operate protein skimmers or UV sterilizers for the duration of the cycling period. This product may be added at any time (e.g. as a planktonic coral food), but is best used early in the aquarium conditioning period to accelerate and stabilize the nitrogen cycle. Store at room temperature. Dosage: Add up to 16 fluid ounces PNS Substrate Sauce™ per 400 US gallons (approximately 1.25 ml/gal) daily. Risk of overdose is extremely low with these safe, probiotic bacteria.